Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 9: Camp Frontier


These pictures were taken August 6, 2011.  I worked up at a scout camp that year and for the whole summer I saw this large hill/mountain to the east of camp that kept calling to me to be climb it.  So at the end of the summer I went and climbed the mountain. This is what I found at the top.  The reason why there is no bark and all the trees look dead is because 9 years ago there was a fire on this hill and it burned a lot.  It takes a long time for a forest to regrow after a fire.  In other places in the camp the regrown is more visible.  There are all sorts of aspen trees and you can see little pine trees.


I added this picture because it could fit on the right side of the other picture.  Plus I think that this one is really cool with the mountains the distance and the trees in the foreground.  Goodness I love nature and hiking and mountains!


This pictures was take July 13, 2011.  Here you can actually see the forest regrown.  The old, burned trees are still there but underneath you can see all the new aspen trees.  They got pretty thick.


The other pictures were from the top of this hill/mountain.